Sunday, August 31, 2008

How to spell Pallet??


Today I accompany dad go “Yam Cha” with his friend. They chat about the production line in the factory and how many pallets of goods have spoil due to some technical error and so on. This is the first time I heard the name of pallet.
I try to spell the name out correctly without referring to any books or dictionary. I also make a wild guest the meaning of pallet. I thought it was Pilot? Palette? Pallette?
After that I discover that I used the Semantic knowledge
that I learnt in the Critical Thinking class. I try to spell the word and catch the meaning of concept.
By the way pallet means: “A portable platform for storing or moving goods that are stacked on it.”

1 comment:

OnlineGenius said...

it is spelled p-a-l-l-e-t
If you spell it palette it means like a painter's palette: Where a painter mixes his paints.

However, when you spell it Pallet it means a portable platform used for storing or moving cargo or freight like you have shown in the picture above.

Do not get confused! Pallet is also a pottery tool It is used for shaping pottery and its like a flat, sometimes flexible, blade and it looks a little like a knife.

Good luck!!!
Diane
Pallets in Denver