Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I want to be the next Michael Phelp~



Last Sunday I went shopping and I plan to buy a swimming hot pant and goggles in Jaya Jusco. I joined swim club in MMU to learn how to swim. I have zero experience in swimming before therefore I needs someone to advice me how to choose a good goggles. The promoter is quite good manners and she always prompt me to buy one of the swimming goggles brands among few. She keeps saying that this brand is good, the goggles produced by this company has UV protection, anti-fog coating on inner lens, the others goggles product not good enough and head strap easy to break bla bla bla. Besides that she also said: “Hey young man you look so cool with the goggles. It’s really suits you! You just like that Michael Phelp you know? I believe you can swim very well and have good vision under water.”

I found out that she is applying the Ad hominem circumstantial. She is the promoter to that particular company of course she will keep promoting the company’s product but not the others. At the same time she also applying the Ad hominem abusive where she keeps saying bad comments to others brand and she hope that I will buy the goggles she promoted to me. She also applied the Ad populum appeal to vanity or apple polishing. She assumed that I will be more happy for the words and buy the goggles from her.

No comments: